I would like to thank roflrance once again for nominating me for yet another award and this time it’s the Versatile Blogger Award. I can’t believe I got the blog of the year award! I honestly didn’t even know this existed until yesterday and i’m deeply honored to even be considered for it. Thank you johnheatz for this awesome award! I’m going to split the two awards into different sections. Lets start with the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include alink to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Here are the seven things about myself.
1. Back in school I was a wide receiver.
2. I was always the fastest kid in my neighborhood or anywhere I decided to street race at.
3. Every Halloween my friends and I used to throw rotten eggs at a cop that we didn’t like. He never did catch any of us.
4. We used to trespass every night on a construction site just to look up at the stars.
5. On of my best friends died last year. His name was Angel.
6. I still haven’t seen Frozen. I can’t find a babysitter for my son for only two hours.
7. I think the second Superman movie is going to suck.
Here are my nominees:
Sorry but that’s all I got for now. I encourage everyone to check these guys out. They always have something interested posted up on their blogs and I can’t go a day without reading something from them.
The blog of the year award also comes with own fair set of rules and i’m going to list them below.
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2013’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
- Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them – (please don’t alter the instructions or the badges!)
- Come over and say hello to the originator of the ‘Blog of the Year 2013’ Award via this link – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
- You can now also join the ‘Blog of the Year’ Award Facebook page – click the link herehttps://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear/ and share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
- And as a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog … and start collecting stars…
I’ve already 4, and 5 so that just means I have to do my nominations. Since this is called the blog of the year award i’m only going to choose one blog for each category that I have come up with.
Most Versatile Blogger: V from The Verbal Spew. She doesn’t just restrict herself to a single category. She talks about games, movies, and some times that big hangover she gets from drinking too much the night before. She always has something interesting to say and it’s damn good reading.
Video Game Blog Of The Year: 1001-UP is the best place to go for everything game related. They do everything from providing the latest gaming news to reviews to all types of games. Some are new while others aren’t so new but everything that they do is always well written, thoughtful, and I always end up going back for more.
Movie Blog Of The Year: Caragale definitely earns movie blog of the year from me. She’s never out of awesome ideas and everything she decides to write about is excellent. She’s not afraid to give her honest opinion on movies and even though we don’t agree on some things that never stops me from frequently visiting her.
Most Influential Blog: This one goes out to the person that inspires me and that person is Rhiosace from Adventures of a girl gamer. Her posts are always from her heart and she’s not afraid to let everyone know what’s going on in her life. That takes strength to be able to do something like that and I think that’s amazing.
Most Beautiful Blog: This one goes to Morgan from bookvolume.com. This award isn’t for the look of the blog it’s what’s in it that makes this blog so beautiful. Morgan is a very talented poetry writer and I visit her blog every single day just to read the beautiful words that she has to say.
Blog Of The Year: Here it is! The blog of the year goes to 1001-UP. What more can I say about them that I haven’t said already? 1001-UP is my blog of the year.
I would like to thank my wife Lunaliah for always supporting me. She’s my biggest inspiration and my best friend and without her I wouldn’t be as productive as I am. She’s my number 1 inspiration in life and i’m lucky to have her.
This wraps it up for for my two award post. You guys don’t have to feel pressured to respond to this. This is just my way of letting you know that I think you’re awesome.
- The Most Versatile Blog Award (myavonvintage.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (babsjeheron.wordpress.com)
- Surprise by A Versatile Blogger Award! (seezooeyrun.wordpress.com)
- It’s Raining Awards! (joynpain2.wordpress.com)
- Blog of the Year Award (johnheatz.com)
- Blogging Awards And Nominations (arlene1956.wordpress.com)