I watched a bunch of old movies this year and they got me thinking of all of my favorite actors. I decided it would be a good idea to brainstorm which ones I think should should be on the list. This is my official top ten actors of all time list starting from number ten!
What better way to start off this list then with Russel Crowe. Gladiator is my second favorite movie of all time and when Russel Crowe isn’t throwing phones at people he’s out there making badass movies!
Morgan Freeman just oozes awesomeness. He has the perfect voice, and presence in just about everything that he decides to do and his movies are badass. Kiss The Girls, and Along Came A Spider, and Lucky Number Slevin are three of my favorite movies of all time.
Kiefer Sutherland always gives his best in everything that he does. He’s one of the few actors that I can think of that doesn’t have a problem playing darker roles. He’s played a racist [a time to kill], a rapist [eye for a eye], and everything in between in his career. Put 24 on top of that list and you have one of the most badass actors on Earth.
Ken Watanabe is another actor that just oozes awesomeness. His performance in The Last Samurai is by far my favorite of all of his movies.
He’s played a psycho, a drug addict, Batman, and a insomniac. If there’s one actor that deserves an award for versatility it’s Christian Bale. He has become one of my all time favorite actors over the years and he always gives his best in everything that he does.
5. Man on Fire, John Q, We Are The Titans, Training Day, and about a dozen other great movies comes to mind when I think of Denzel Washington. This man dominates his roles and you can’t deny the screen presence that he has in everything he decides to do. He won a award for the movie Training Day but I always thought his performance was in John Q. That movie always tears me up a little when I watch it.
4. Some people hate him but I love him. Tom Cruise wowed me with his performance in The Last Samurai and that movie actually made me go back and watch all of his films. Top Gun, Born On The Fourth Of July, and Mission Impossible are some of my favorite movies from him. I even liked War Of The Worlds.
Who doesn’t love some MRS. Doubtfire? How about Insomnia? Robin Williams has played so many different kinds of characters over the years and they’re always awesome. He’s funny but can successfully transition to a serious movie. He’s played a killer plenty of times and he’s even played a gay man. Robin Williams is just plain awesome.
I almost put Al Pacino in the number 1 spot. He certainly deserves to be there and I can see my father beating me across the head with his cigarettes case right now for not putting Al Pacino at number 1. He’s had an amazing career and has made so many great movies over the years. One that really comes out to me is the movie Insomnia. Al Pacino, and Robin Williams were great in that movie.
Everyone that really knows me knows how much I love Mel Gibson. Most people judge him by his personal life but I don’t. I don’t care what he does in his free time. His movies are excellent and he always gives one hell of a performance. Braveheart, The Patriot, Ransom, and Edge of Darkness all had amazing performances from this guy. Mel Gibson holds the title to just about every movie genre in my opinion. Lethal Weapon is my favorite cop movie, Braveheart is my favorite war movie, Ransom is my favorite kidnap movie, Payback is my favorite revenge movie, I could go on but I think i’ve made my point. Mel Gibson never fails to deliver and he’s been my favorite actor for as long as I can remember.
Don’t forget to click on that Follow Us button for the latest news, reviews, first impressions, and more. I hope you enjoyed reading this and if you did i’ll have more for you real soon.
- Cruising (1980) – Al Pacino’s most cotroversial Role? (simonsayswatchthis.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 Most Handsome Men Over 55 (dangerouslee.biz)
- Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston in Forbes most overpaid actors list (panarmenian.net)