The Japanese version of Hyrule Warriors is set to be released on August 14, 2014. Some more details about the game has been released along with some in game screenshots that I could find.
- August 14th
- Retail – 7,980 yen, eShop – 6,980, Premium Box Set – 11,664
- Premium set comes with a Triforce shaped clock, and serial codes for 6 special costumes.
- Will also be a ‘Treasure Box’ version available on Amazon and Tecmo Koei’s online store ‘GAMECITY’, but no details yet on what it includes.
- Developed by ωForce, Team NINJA, supervised by Aonuma.
- Story is Link an in-training soldier must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia who has been turned evil somehow.
- 2 player mode where one person is on the GamePad, while another is on the TV. When playing alone the GamePad acts as a menu.
- Equipping different weapons onto characters will change the way they fight, including speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage.
- Weapon upgrade system and character growth/improvement
- Musou action combined with the Zelda series’ Z-targeting means you can avoid attacks and focus on enemy weak spots.
- Zelda series’ spin attack appears instead of the Musou Ranbu (?) of the musou franchise.
- Bombs make an appearance, won’t just be used for throwing at enemies.
- Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword.
- Several other characters are playable.
- Playable at E3.
- Development is 70% complete.
I think the two player mode sounds really interesting. Having another player on the Wii Pad while player one gets the big TV is different. I thought it was going to have splitscreen.
The more I learn about Hyrule Warriors the more excited I am to play it. I can’t wait for this game to come to America. Hopefully it’ll be really soon.
Here are those screenshots.
Don’t forget to click on that Follow Us button for the latest sports, games, movies, and more. I hope you enjoyed reading this and if you did I’ll have more for you real soon.