Do you know what talking trash does for your team before you face off against your rivals? Your rivals answer back by beating the crap out of you and that’s exactly what happened in this game.
Rex Ryan did what he does best before his match with the Patriots. He talked a ton of trash and couldn’t back it up on game day. He did the same thing with the Jets and now it’s happening with the Bills.
Tom Brady put up huge numbers all day long. He could not be stopped. This man threw the ball 59 times. He completed 39 passes for 466 yards and 3 touchdowns. They only ran the ball 8 times. Even when Buffalo knew Tom would throw the ball they still didn’t stop him. This so called top 10 D got schooled by the Patriots on Sunday and I’ll tell you why right now.
They were too overconfident. Rex Ryan is known for talking crap before big games. He does it every year and every year he loses. The Patriots aren’t going to talk shit back. They’re going to outperform you on the football field and that’s exactly what happened.
The Bills said they were going to shut out Gronk. Gronkowski caught 7 passes for 113 yards and a touchdown. That puts his total at four for the year already and we’re only in week two. Gronk might have 20 touchdowns before the year is over if this keeps up.
Buffalo’s defense looked sluggish the entire game. They just couldn’t keep up with the Patriots offense. They made some key stops to keep their offense in the game, but they still gave up 500 yards of total offense. If any defense wants to claim that they’re in the top 10 in the league they shouldn’t be giving up 500 yards of offense in any game.
Here are some things I took away from this week’s game.
- Tom Brady hasn’t lost a step at all. He’s 38 years old and he’s throwing the ball around like he’s 28.
- 2. Tyrod Taylor is a beast. This man runs like Russel Wilson and has a stronger arm. He made some big mistakes out on the field, but it’s nothing that some good coaching can’t cure.
- Give Shady McCoy the ball. This man is a monster and feeding him the ball is the key to getting the Bills offense moving.
- The Patriots has proven once again that they don’t need big name stars on defense to shut down a team for three quarters.
- So far the Pats are the team to beat in the AFC and if they keep playing this way Tom might have Superbowl number 5 this year.
A game that should have been a blow out came down to the last minute. It was exciting, and watching Tyrod Taylor make big plays was awesome. He threw too many interceptions, but most of his throws were on point and I think he has a bright future if he can stay consistent. The Patriots were awesome, as usual, and I can’t wait to see what they do next week against the Jacksonville Jaguars.