The the final group of songs for the upcoming Rock Band 4 has just been released today and… they all suck. Who came up with this song list?
I remember falling in love with the old Rock Band games back on the Xbox 360. They had some fantastic songs that I played all day long. My friends and I would grab our favorite instruments and rock out to songs like Painkiller, Run to The Hills, Master Exploder, and Down With The Sickness.
With this latest batch of songs I can’t imagine myself having nearly as much fun. Here’s the list:
- Brad Paisley ft. Keith Urban – “Start A Band”
- Brandi Carlile – “Mainstream Kid”
- Dark Wheels – “V-Bomb”
- Gary Clark Jr. – “Ain’t Messin ‘Round”
- Gin Blossoms – “Follow You Down”
- Grouplove – “Tongue Tied”
- Imagine Dragons – “I Bet My Life”
- Jeff Allen ft. Noelle Leblanc & Naoko Takamoto – “Recession”
- Johnny Blazes and the Pretty Boys – “Cold Clear Light”
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – “That Smell”
- Mumford & Sons – “The Wolf”
- R.E.M. – “The One I Love”
- The Warning – “Free Falling”
I know one song on that entire list and that’s one of my favorite songs from Lynyrd Skynyrd. I went down the entire list of Rock Band 4’s song list and I was only really interested in about 10 songs on the entire set. Playing some Heart will be awesome, more Judas Priest is a must in games like this, and you can’t go wrong with Elvis, but a good majority of the songs really suck.
They completely skipped some really good rock songs that would be a blast to play in Rock Band. Instead we get more Paramore? Really? What about some of this…
Or what about this:
I’ll even settle for this at this point:
Yes… it’s a guilty pleasure of mine. Don’t judge me :]
The good news is that all of the previous DLC songs from previous Rock Band games will be available in Rock Band 4. That’s a sigh of relief for me because the songs we have now really suck.