Welcome back to The Game News Bar. Have a seat, grab a beer, and get ready for a rundown of all of the latest game news that I’ve collected for this week’s edition of The Game News Bar.
Final Fantasy 14 Celebrates 18 Million Registered Users
Final Fantasy 14 just hit another major milestone. It has 18 million registered users. What I want to know is how many of those users actually bought the game? Do the 18 million factors in everyone that tried the game out for free and never subbed again or is it actually 18 million units sold? It’s still an impressive number nonetheless. There’s a pretty big patch planned for the game too. Here’s what in it –
- New Main Scenario Quests – The adventures of the Warrior of Darkness and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn continue as they further unravel the mysteries of the First.
- New Equipment Enhancement Quest Series – This new quest series will feature regular updates from Patch 5.2 onward, allowing players to obtain powerful equipment as they learn more about the Hrothgar homeland, the Bozja Citadel.
- New Trial: The Ruby Weapon – Players can challenge Ruby Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Chronicles of a New Era Quest: The Sorrow of Werlyt – Discover the lore behind the new Weapon series.
- New Raid: Eden’s Verse – The second chapter in the Eden raid series will feature challenging new battles in both normal and savage difficulties.
- Ishgardian Restoration Update – The next update in this content for Disciples of the Hand and Land will feature gatherer-specific content in the Diadem, high-level crafting challenges, a new ranking system, and more.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Qitari will provide new quests geared towards Disciples of the Land classes.
- New Dungeon: Anamnesis Anyder – This new challenge can be tackled alongside fellow adventurers or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – The next set of adjustments to Disciples of the Land and Hand which will further enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- Job Adjustments, Adjustments to PvP Actions, Additional New Game+ Chapters, and More
Guild Wars 2 Christmas Event Has Started
Final Fantasy 14 isn’t the only game celebrating this holiday season. Guild Wars 2 is holding it’s annual Christmas celebration this month. During this event, you’ll be able to earn some goodies so if you’re a Guild Wars 2 player check it out!
Everspace 2 backers have received a prototype to play while they wait for the full game to be released. It’s the same build that shown off publicly, but with better performance and gameplay additions. I’ll admit I’m a little jealous of this.
New Guardian Class Coming To Black Desert Online!
The 19th class is heading to BDO on January 22nd, 2020. Pre-registration will be available on Christmas Eve (December 24th).
This new class sounds right up my alley. She uses a battleaxe and shield to crush her foes by grabbing them by the neck and smashing them with her shield. This new class adds to an already impressive number of character classes available in BDO.
The Elder Scrolls Blades Got A Huge Update That Removed Chest Timers And More!
One of the things everyone that’s played The Elder Scrolls Blade held against the game was the chest timers. A huge part of The Elder Scrolls has been collecting some sweet loot. Well… Bethesda has heard us. They released a huge update that not only removed chest timers but completely overhauled the way loot works in the game too. It’s easy to progress in this game now. I’ve been finding loot everywhere. Even legendaries! I’m having a lot more fun with the game.
An arena was added too and that lets you test your skills against other players in PVP.. This was a meaty update and added a lot to the game.
Mortal Online Is Getting A Sequel Called Mortal Online 2!
I never jumped into Mortal Online. I felt like it was too late for me to join the bandwagon. The sequel is on my radar, but I know that the base game was a complete dumpster fire for most people. It’s been called pay to win and the developers have been called out multiple times for stuff in the past. I haven’t done enough research to choose a side, but I will do my homework before deciding if this sequel is worth playing or not.
Mortal Online 2 will supposedly have 600 skills to learn and no level-up system. It’s also completely skill-based. In this game, you can be attacked at any time by other players and lose out on all of your hard-earned loot.
And that wraps up this edition of The Game News Bar.